COVID-19 Resources and Updates
COVID-19 Vaccine (updated 5.17.2021)
We’re excited to announce that Spectrum Health Grand Haven Center is now offering the Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines at no out-of-pocket cost to you. We believe this is an important step to serving our community.
What is the process for scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine?
Scheduling is easy and convenient:
- Call us at 616.935.6200 to make an appointment
*Please note, at this time, walk-ins are not currently available
If you have an upcoming appointment to see a provider and also wish to receive the vaccine, please schedule a separate appointment to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Unfortunately, we may not be able to accommodate giving the vaccine during your appointment with the provider.
We understand that knowing the facts are important to helping you decide what’s right for you and your family:
- Both the Pfizer and Johnson & Jonson COVID-19 vaccines have been authorized and recommended by the FDA and CDC.
- The Pfizer vaccine is a two-dose vaccine, 21 days apart for patients 12 years old and older.
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a one-dose vaccine for patients 18 years and older.
Find more in-depth information and resources about each vaccine online at spectrumhealth.org/vaccine.
ARRIVING AT GRAND HAVEN CENTER:
- MASKS: ALL patients and visitors MUST wear a medical grade mask provided to you at the door
- SCREENING: All patient and visitors will be screened when checking in, including taking your temperature
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Please follow the floor prompts to allow proper social distancing while waiting in line
- VISITOR RESTRCTIONS: Please see below on our updated visitor restriction policy
Visitor Restrictions (updated 6.4.2021)
Visitor restrictions have been lifted. We may however, still limit the amount of visitors in a patient room to allow for proper social distancing.
COVID-19 Testing at Spectrum Health Grand Haven Center Lab
- An appointment is required to get a COVID-19 test through the Lab at the center. We will not be able to accommodate walk-ins without an appointment for that day and location.
- Appointments can be scheduled through MyChart
VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM
For Lab and Urgent Care patients ONLY, please use our virtual check-in process to help reduce the number of patients sitting in the waiting room at one time.
- When you arrive, text 844.938.3514 to let us know you’re here
- Please wait in your vehicle
- We will contact you when we are ready for you to come in
If you don’t have cell service, please go inside to check in.
*Lab at Grand Haven Center is provided by Spectrum Health Hospitals
*Virtual Waiting Room is only for Monday through Friday
VIRTUAL HEALTH OFFERINGS
To continue to provide you both primary and specialty care, while limiting unnecessary exposure to potential COVID-19, Health Pointe is offering virtual health visits. However, in some cases, a face to face appointment may still be necessary.
Follow this link to learn more about virtual health visits.
Follow these guidelines to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses and COVID-19:
- Staying at home when you’re ill
- Let your doctor know before you arrive if you’ve traveled internationally or exposure to someone known with COVID-19
- Separate yourself from other people in your home
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use respiratory etiquette by covering your cough with your elbow
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces everyday
- Monitor your symptoms
Want to learn more about COVID-19? Follow these links below to the CDC to learn more about:
Please call your healthcare provider if you develop symptoms, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19.