COVID-19 Resources and Updates
As we see numbers continue to rise again, Health Pointe continues to partner closely with our parent organization’s Emergency Preparedness and Infection Prevention to care for our community. We are working with our providers, suppliers, the local health department and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Vaccines are critical to the health of our community, and the upcoming COVID-19 vaccine will be an important step toward recovery. Immunization with a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine will play a big role in reducing COVID-19-related illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.
The goal is for everyone to be able to easily get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as large quantities are available; however, not everyone will be able to get vaccinated right away.
We will be following the federal government’s phased approach for vaccinations to ensure that those most in need are prioritized.
What is the process for scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine?
At this time, Health Pointe is not currently administering COVID-19 vaccines, however, our partner Spectrum Health is administering them.
At this time, please do not call your provider’s office for vaccine scheduling. To prepare for scheduling your COVID-19 vaccination, follow the steps below.
COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling (updated 2/1/2021)
Step 1: Register for the COVID-19 Vaccine
- This adds you to the list. You do not nee to be a patient to use this service.
- Follow this link: Spectrum Health Vaccine Registration
Step 2: Wait for a notification that you are able to schedule
- After you have registered, you are all set. You will be notified when there is a vaccine available and it is time for you to schedule your appointment.
Step 3: Schedule your vaccination
Ottawa County – “I want the COVID-19 Vaccine” Sign Up
Ottawa County has created a COVID-19 vaccine notification sign-up. You’ll need to provide your contact information and which phase best describes you. Local public health will notify you via email when your phase is open and where you can go to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. This sign-up is for notification purposes ONLY. Receiving notification is not a determination that you are eligible in that phase or guaranteed the vaccine. Vaccine eligibility and availability will be determined by the place administering vaccines.
CLICK HERE to sign up.
ARRIVING AT HEALTH POINTE:
- MASKS: ALL patients and visitors MUST wear a medical grade mask provided to you at the door
- SCREENING: All patient and visitors will be screened when checking in, including taking your temperature
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Please follow the floor prompts to allow proper social distancing while waiting in line
COVID-19 Testing at Health Pointe Lab
- An appointment is required to get a COVID-19 test through the Lab at Health Pointe. We will not be able to accommodate walk-ins without an appointment for that day and location.
- Appointments can be scheduled through MyChart
VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM
For Lab and Urgent Care patients ONLY, please use our virtual check-in process to help reduce the number of patients sitting in the waiting room at one time.
- When you arrive, text 844.938.3514 to let us know you’re here
- Please wait in your vehicle
- We will contact you when we are ready for you to come in
If you don’t have cell service, please go inside to check in.
*Lab at Health Pointe is provided by Spectrum Health Hospitals
*Virtual Waiting Room is only for Monday through Friday
VIRTUAL HEALTH OFFERINGS
To continue to provide you both primary and specialty care, while limiting unnecessary exposure to potential COVID-19, Health Pointe is offering virtual health visits. However, in some cases, a face to face appointment may still be necessary.
Follow this link to learn more about virtual health visits.
- Spectrum Health: Follow this link for COVID-19 screening information from Spectrum Health
- Holland Hospital: Follow this link for COVID-19 screening information from Holland Hospital
Follow these guidelines to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses and COVID-19:
- Staying at home when you’re ill
- Let your doctor know before you arrive if you’ve traveled internationally or exposure to someone known with COVID-19
- Separate yourself from other people in your home
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use respiratory etiquette by covering your cough with your elbow
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces everyday
- Monitor your symptoms
Want to learn more about COVID-19? Follow these links below to the CDC to learn more about:
Please call your healthcare provider if you develop symptoms, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19.