Health Pointe is partnering with Spectrum Health who is hosting a donation drive for personal protective equipment (also called PPE). If you have PPE items you’d like to donate, please read the information below. We are extremely grateful for the outpouring requests from the community on how you can help during this time of need.
What are the items Spectrum Health can accept?
- Industrial grade items including construction safety goggles
- Masks with NIOSH certification or equivalent
- Items in original packaging
- Handmade or sewn reusable masks
- Expired items in original packaging**
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks
- Face shields
- Nitrile gloves
- Isolation gowns
- Viral transport media
- Bleach wipes
- Thermometers including digital, disposable and temporal
- Pocket size hand sanitizer
**We do not aim to place expired products into circulation. These will be stored in the event that we no longer have appropriate PPE for employees.
Unable to accept at our site:
- Items that have been used or opened
- Painters masks (unless N-95 with NIOSH certification or equivalent
- 3-D printed items including ventilator parts
- Perishable food, blankets, medical equipment, medication or other supplies*
**For other in-kind, food or monetary donations please call Spectrum Health’s Foundation at 616.843.1690.
Stay at home executive order:
Traveling to drop-off sites to donate medical supplies does not violate Michigan’s statewide stay-at-home order, which allows for “performing tasks relating to the health and safety” of community members. To reduce the risk of exposure for all, we ask donors to place donations in the bins while maintaining a distance of at least six feet from others.
Instructions for community members dropping off items:
For your health and safety, we will ask you to do the following:
- Use hand sanitizer prior to placing items in donation box (will be provided)
- Gently place items into donation box
- Refrain from touching other items in donation box
- Use hand sanitizer following placing items in donation box (will be provided)
- Stay six feet away from others who may be dropping off donations, or other areas
Drop off Location and Time
- Drop off location – Health Pointe 15100 Whittaker Way, Grand Haven MI 49417
- On the corner of US 31 and Robbins Road
- Health Pointe’s collection site is set up in the back of Health Pointe (located the garage door with signs for further instructions)
- Drop off times:
- Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please do not drop off items if you’re sick or have been around individuals with a fever or cough.