Bone Density (DEXA)
A bone density test tells you if you have normal bone density, low bone density (osteopenia) or osteoporosis. It is the only test that can diagnose osteoporosis.
The lower your bone density, the greater the risk of breaking a bone. A bone density test can help you and your healthcare provider:
- Learn if you have weak bones or osteoporosis before you break a bone
- Predict your chance of breaking a bone in the future
- See if your bone density is improving, getting worse or staying the same
- Find out how well an osteoporosis medicine is working
- Let you know if you have osteoporosis after you break a bone
Ask your provider if you’re due for your bone density and schedule today!
Monday and Tuesday 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.*
Get in touch for more imaging service information
Grand Haven Center
15100 Whittaker Way
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Monday to Friday 6:45 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.